Global Mapper v25.0

Export Elevation to ARC ASCII missing entries.

pmace
pmace Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited March 2011 in Technical Support
Mike,

I expect, beyond the header, the file to contain NUMROWS*NUMCOLS entries with whitespace between.

It does not--indeed on relatively large are it falls well over a row short--and the error seems to be creeping and gradual as data points are displaced up and to the left the farther we progress in the file.

Am I missing something rudimentary here?

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited March 2011
    Are you seeing that if you load the file back into Global Mapper? I would also expect NUMROWS * NUMCOLS entries with whitespace in between. Perhaps your importer is missing an entry per row or something?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • pmace
    pmace Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited March 2011
    Dug a little further. It appears every line terminates with a -9999 and a newline. Not clear from the ARC asciii spec that this should be the case. But, if true and intentional, is the -9999 a valid column value? I'll assume yes, and it is an artifact of the 'edge' of the source data.
  • pmace
    pmace Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited March 2011
    OK,

Confirmed. All lines terminate with CR-LF. Last value is -9999 (missing data value). Probably due to math carrying sampler beyond the last valid column. but, taking that into account, NUMROWS*NUMCOLS produces exact population for matrix.
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited March 2011
    Yes -9999 would be the invalid value, so it just sounds like there is a column of void values on the right edge.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com