Feature request: Map catalogue with vector-specific settings

SimonSimon Global Mapper UserPosts: 45Trusted User
edited February 2011 in Suggestion Box
There is the Map Catalogue feature which has "modify display of rasters" button, but if the Mpa Catalogue consists of vectors, it would be really helpful to control the appearance of all vectors in the map catalogue in the same way, without having to go to search/select and change the properties that way. Is there a better way to do this or is such functionality called for?
Any help or thoughts appreciated,
Thanks you

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited January 2011
    It may be possible to add something like that. I will take a look and see if at least maybe the style attributes can be set or something.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
    edited January 2011
    I have updated the map catalog dialog to have an option for modifying some of the vector settings. Currently you can just setup styling for areas, lines, and points, with that based on attributes being limited as there isn't a list of available attributes for the layers in a map catalog available, so you can only do it by name. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper12.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v12.xx installation folder to give it a try. If you are using the 64-bit v12 version there is a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper12_64bit.zip .

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • SimonSimon Global Mapper User Posts: 45Trusted User
    edited February 2011
    Many thanks, mike.
    Will this be included in the next 12.01 versions as well?
    edited February 2011
    Yes all future releases would include this change.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com