Global Mapper v25.0

Not Resonding

maggs
maggs Global Mapper User
edited January 2008 in Technical Support
I am trying to make a countour map and after the sucessful download of the STRM elevation data I use the generate contours on the menu and when progess bar reaches 100%, it just hangs and says "Not Responding". Any ideas as to what I can try to get around this issue?
Steve

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited January 2008
    Steve,

Have you let it sit there for a little while to see if it comes back? There is sometimes a lot of work that has to be done at the end of the contour generation process that can cause it to appear to hang up, especially if you are running low on memory, which really slows things down. I would expect Global Mapper to eventually come back either with an error (if you are out of memory) or with your contours.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Roger Edrinn
    Roger Edrinn Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited January 2008
    maggs wrote: »
    I am trying to make a countour map and after the sucessful download of the STRM elevation data I use the generate contours on the menu and when progess bar reaches 100%, it just hangs and says "Not Responding". Any ideas as to what I can try to get around this issue?
    Steve,

Open Task Mgr [Cntl-Alt-Del] and look at the CPU & Memory allocated to Global Mapper. I'll bet its 100% of one core. Give it more time.

HTH
    Roger