TMS (Tile Map Service) export

kallikalli Global Mapper UserPosts: 8
edited January 2011 in Technical Support
Hi, I have just upgraded to version 12.1 and I am looking in to the TMS (Tile Map Service) export. This feature is of grate interest to my company since we have a existing Tile Cache covering 200,000 km2 and on regular bases we need to renew part of this tiles. Until now this has complicated and if GM could do this it would simplify things wery much.

I have 2 questions that I would be grateful if someone can help me with.

1: All our images are in coordinate system EPSG 3057 but in the Export dialog I only have the option of exporting in LAt/Lon or Mercator. Can this be changed so that I can export in my coordinate system ?

1: Our Tile Cache has a folder structure based on the area of 500 km * 400 km and If I want to renew small parts of it I need GM to create folders base on this area so I get the same naming structure. Is it possible to inform GM of this ?

regards
karl

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited January 2011
    Karl,

Currently the OSM/TMS support is limited to the standard use of the "Web Mercator" projection and tiling system (same as used by Google Maps and Bing Maps). There is not yet support for riling to an arbitrary projection system, origin, and naming scheme, although you could possibly use an existing PNG or JPG export and setup the Gridding tab to get the gridding that your project requires.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com