Global Mapper v25.0

Slope shader options - Shader Custom Color

Osei
Osei Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited December 2010 in SDK
The (Get/Set)ShaderOptions methods can be used to set the properties for the in-built Slope Shader. However, only the Minimum and Maximum Slope values and colors can be set. I was wondering if there was a way for me to set the Slope Shader to use a custom color between minimum and maximum slope instead of gradated and also to set the custom color to use.

Thanks in advance and season's greetings in advance as well.

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited December 2010
    I have updated the GM_ShaderOptions_t to include new members for the custom slope shader color. There is a new SDK build at http://www.globalmapper.com/GlobalMapperSDK_v135_beta.zip with this support.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Osei
    Osei Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited December 2010
    Is there a way to access the Slope layer that is generated when Slope shader is chosen for elevation grid layers? Or is there a method that can be used to generate a slope layer from a terrain layer?
    Like GM_LayerHandle_t32 GenerateSlopeLayer(GM_LayerHandle_t32 layerHandle);

Thanks
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited December 2010
    Currently there isn't a way to directly access the slope values, but if you export using GM_ExportElevation with the GM_Export_Float_Grid format and pass in the GM_ExportFlags_ExportSlopeValues flag then you will get a Float/Grid file with the slope values. You could then load that back in to access it as slope values.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com