Global Mapper Pro Coming Soon

GMP not remembering a few settings from gmw

RossOverstreetRossOverstreet Global Mapper UserPosts: 30
edited December 2010 in Bug Report
Hi Guys,

I'm running GM 12.00 Build Oct 5, 2010.

It appears that several settings aren't remembered when going from gmw to gmp. In particular, the transparency setting on geotiffs and custom shaders applied to individual components aren't remembered.

Thanks,
Ross

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited December 2010
    Ross,

Those aren't the types of things that are remembered on export to a GMP file. A GMP file will contain the actual data for each layer inside the GMP file, but any external display settings aren't stored in the GMP file (just like they wouldn't be stored in a new TIFF or DEM file). You would need to set those up again in a new workspace file based on the GMP.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • RossOverstreetRossOverstreet Global Mapper User Posts: 30
    edited December 2010
    Hi Mike,

Thanks for the clarification. I guess that makes sense. The reason I typically create a GMP is to move data from my big desktop GIS computer to a smaller laptop that I take out on boats. I rarely use the GMP on the desktop since my gmw just links back to the source data. It's not too big of a deal to "fix" all of the display parameters on the GMP and save a new GMW but it is an extra step. As a feature suggestion, it would be neat if there was a check box in the GMP creation dialog box that asked if you wanted a new GMW with the same display settings as the original GMW but with data links to the GMP.

Thanks,
    Ross