installing version 12 on a new computer

Jim SprouseJim Sprouse Global Mapper UserPosts: 3
edited December 2010 in Technical Support
Ive been a global mapper user since GM7 I finally got a new computer and when i go ot regester it it wants version 11 reg...so i put it in then it wants ver.10 registratiion...is their a way to put 12 on without installing all the way back to 7 ? I mean i dont need 6 global mappers programs on my computer and then uninstall all except no.12 ...is their an easyier way ?

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited November 2010
    That is odd, you should only have to enter your v12 upgrade key, then a v11 upgrade or full key to validate that. You shouldn't have to keep going back with older version keys. Are you sure that is what you are seeing?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Jim SprouseJim Sprouse Global Mapper User Posts: 3
    edited December 2010
    yes I'm sure it took me back to 10 before i stopped and wrote in the fourm. I installed 12 it wanted 11 reg key install 11 and it wanted 10's reg key thats when i stoped and figured id better ask the experts in this fourm thank you for any help or sugestions .
  • Jim SprouseJim Sprouse Global Mapper User Posts: 3
    edited December 2010
    ok my mistake I figured it out I was trying to install 11 instead of just puting in the reg number...I now just got version 12 on my PC thank you