Global Mapper Pro

Error Creating Garmin Map

RDJones
RDJones Global Mapper User
edited November 2010 in Technical Support
Hello - an "attempted an unsupported operation" comes up when exporting a raster to my Oregon 300. Latest firmware installed for the unit and registered V12 of GM.

Thanks
Richard

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited November 2010
    Richard,

There was a problem with that error with some v12 builds, but the latest build should fix that. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper12.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v12.xx installation folder to give it a try. If you are using the 64-bit v12 version there is a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper12_64bit.zip .

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • RDJones
    edited November 2010
    Thanks Mike. "lti_dsdk_dll.dll was not found" came up. Unzipped into V12 installation folder.
    Richard
  • RDJones
    edited November 2010
    Hi Mike - I figured it out, did not place in the correct folder. Works good now Thank-you again.
    Richard
  • yianni
    yianni Global Mapper User Trusted User
    Hi all I am getting the same error message when I attempt to export to a garmin raster map.

the GM pauses a bit and then I get an "Attempted an unsupported operation" message. 

I am running v16.2.7 64 bit

Thanks all

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    This bug has been fixed in Global Mapper 17.
  • yianni
    yianni Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited November 2015
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply but is there a way to rectify this in build of v16 that I am currently running? It is a key feature of GM since it allows exporting purchased imagery to any of the company handhelds and this error did not appear in previous v16 builds.

Thanks for your time again
    Ioannis

• bmg_bob
    bmg_bob Global Mapper Programmer
    Your best bet is to contact Global Mapper Support directly about this issue by sending an e-mail to geohelp@bluemarblegeo.com.