Global Mapper Pro

Stitch lines, transparency and mosaicing

clivepoole
clivepoole Global Mapper User
Hi

I am reasonably new to Global Mapper. I was an ER Mapper user for a long time and am just trying to mimic some of the features found in that software.

Something I haven't been able to figure out in Global Mapper yet is seamless mosaicing using stitch lines and transparencies. In short in ER Mapper if you had overlapping mosaics it was possible to define a region for the raster that you could then define an inregion formula (setting cells to null) for that allowed a seamless mosaic to be created.

Appreciated if anyone knows where and how this is done in GlobalMapper.

Cheers
Clive

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited November 2010
    Clive,

It sounds like maybe the feature to crop to an arbitrary polygon boundary might be what you want. If you have an area drawn defining how you want to crop a loaded raster layer, you can simply select that area with the Digitizer Tool, then go to the Cropping tab of the Options dialog for the raster layer and select the option to crop to the selected polygon/area. Then that raster layer should be cropped to the selected polygon boundary.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • clivepoole
    clivepoole Global Mapper User
    edited November 2010
    Thanks Mike

I will give this a try. I presume you mean that any irregular shaped polygon can be cropped to?

Cheers
    Clive
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited November 2010
    Clive,

Yes, you can crop to any polygonal area.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com