Problems with 3D view

AlpinfuchsAlpinfuchs Global Mapper UserPosts: 25
edited November 2010 in Technical Support
Hello Mike,

may be, there's somethig wrong with 3D-visulalization? If I switch to 3D and use the rotate button, 3D-view is going out of the window. When I press on the buttons "zoom in by 2" or "zoom out by 2", 3D-view is also disappearing so that I only see the background.

But this happens only, if I set the 3D-window to maximum size or if I change the extension of the window. If I click on 3D and do not change the 3D window itself, all seems to be ok and I can do my settings.

Can you please have a look on it? I am using GM 12 64 bit, patch from 11-10-2010, 06:35 PM.

Thanks
Robert /Alpinfuchs

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited November 2010
    Robert,

Can you provide any sample data that demonstrates this problem? I wasn't able to reproduce any problems even with the 3D view maximized.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • AlpinfuchsAlpinfuchs Global Mapper User Posts: 25
    edited November 2010
    Mike,

it seems, it has something to do with the 64-bit version. If I maximize the 3D-Window, the 3D-modell will disappear out of the window (or is only seen partly), if I use the rotate button. If I use the zoom button and move with it, there will be no reaction.

In the 32-bit version all is ok.

I tried it with the latest full installer of GM 32 und 64 without any patch.

Robert
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited November 2010
    Robert,

I wonder if maybe there is an issue with your 64-bit OpenGL driver. I just tried the 64-bit release on my system and it worked fine just like the 32-bit version. They should be exactly the same code in Global Mapper, just rebuilt for 64-bit, so really the OpenGL video driver is the first thing that comes to mind for what might be different.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com