Global Mapper v25.0

Elevation bug

Doe
Doe Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited October 2010 in Bug Report
Mike,

I have a number of separate line segments (roads) and points that I want to add elevations. If I select an individual object, I can update or add elevation (I am working in feet) under "Modify feature Info" using the "Vertices..." button. However, if I select all the lines at once and right-click "Apply Elevations from terrane layers to selected features" it adds the elevation in meters but reads the values as feet. If I select an individual object that had the elevation added in meter values and update the Elevation under the "Vertices...." button it changes the elevation from "meter" values to "feet" values.

Under the group selected elevation I get 1881.316 values but when I select the object individually and update the elevation using the "Vertices..." button I get a value 6169.00 - which is correct.

I tried this using the recent build via a link I found under another elevation bug fix recently posted. Build Oct 25 2010, 11:27:26

Mike

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited October 2010
    Mike,

I took a look and found that this wasn't working properly for non-metric units. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper12.zip with this fixed for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v12.xx installation folder to give it a try. If you are using the 64-bit v12 version there is a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper12_64bit.zip .

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Doe
    Doe Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited October 2010
    Thanks Mike,

I have downloaded and installed the new build. However, now when I use the 3D Viewer, I am getting an error and crash.

Unexpected error, program will exit.
    Read access violation at data address 0x4150AF77,
    program address 0x00B0D459.

Version: v12.00
    Build Time: Oct 26 2010 11:22:29

The crash occurs when I open 3D View Properties window and try to untoggle the Display 3D Vector Features in Space Above/Below Terrain Surface.

Mike
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited October 2010
    Mike,

Can you provide the data that you are using when you get this error? I was unable to reproduce it.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Doe
    Doe Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited October 2010
    Mike,

I get the same error with other files and suspect that it might be something to do with the external drives that I use. When I get a chance I'll take a look at the addresses that the error message is giving. Will let you know if the problem persist.

Mike