GM v12.00 Does Not Always Remember Zoom Level

paulp575paulp575 Global Mapper UserPosts: 59Trusted User
edited October 2010 in Bug Report
If I open GM by clicking on the shortcut in the Start Menu and then open a workspace file from within GM, GM remembers the zoom setting.

However, if I click on a GM Workspace file (in Windows Explorer) which opens GM, it is not opened at the zoom level last used. I have to reset the zoom level.

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited October 2010
    That is strange, the zoom level of the workspace is remembered for me regardless of how I open the workspace file. What zoom level is your data being opened to when you double-click on the GMW file from Windows Explorer (i.e. is it the whole view of all loaded data)?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • paulp575paulp575 Global Mapper User Posts: 59Trusted User
    edited October 2010
    That is strange, the zoom level of the workspace is remembered for me regardless of how I open the workspace file. What zoom level is your data being opened to when you double-click on the GMW file from Windows Explorer (i.e. is it the whole view of all loaded data)?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com

Not exactly sure what you are asking as far as the view.

I set the zoom at 1:728400; saved the workspace file; exited GM.

Double-left click on the fie and GM opens the file; the zoom is reset to 1:1308000.

I've attached a screen shot to hopefully answer your question about the view.

I can attach the GMW file if you think that would help.

Thanks,
    edited October 2010
    Yes, please provide the GMW file so that I can check it and try and reproduce your issue.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • paulp575paulp575 Global Mapper User Posts: 59Trusted User
    edited October 2010
    Yes, please provide the GMW file so that I can check it and try and reproduce your issue.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com

File attached!

Thanks,
    edited October 2010
    I took a look and was able to get this fixed. It had to do with the window resizing after the bounds were set, which adjusted them for a new aspect ratio. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper12.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v12.xx installation folder to give it a try. If you are using the 64-bit v12 version there is a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper12_64bit.zip .

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com