Global Mapper v25.0

Loading DGN files - planar units

falqn
falqn Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited September 2010 in Vector Data
Hi,
I have some DGN files in Albers Conic projection, I have right projection parameters and I can open files but GM says that coordinates are out of range - I think there is a problem with planar units used. If I'm changing the planar units in Overlay Control Center - Options - Projection my data is "moving" and for example if I choose "feet" coordinates are not out of range but they are still incorrect. I think that my DGN files have planar coordinates in units which I can not choose in GM, maybe kilometers or decimeters or other - but there is no option to choose these. Can you add more planar units to choose in Albers Conic projection?
I'm using now v11.02.
Best regards
Wojtek from Poland

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited September 2010
    I would first confirm that you know for certain the projection parameters that should be used for the data. What kind of coordinates values are you seeing for your file? It would be extremely unusual to have a projected file with coordinates in something like kilometers or decimeters, so I'm guessing the issue is actually something different, like the projection is something different or you need different parameters for your projection definition.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com