Exporting based on attributes

Tim HoltTim Holt Global Mapper UserPosts: 2
edited September 2010 in Technical Support
I have a file filled with storm drain and sanitary sewer info that I want to export into AutoCad. All the objects have certain attributes such as TYPE, DIAMETER, MATERIAL, etc. Is there a way to either add this information as labels in GM, or better yet to export the objects (DXF or DWG) using these attributes to group them? Scripting? For instance, put all 18" RCP storm drains on the same layer. I'm using GM v11.02.
Thanks,
Tim

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited September 2010
    Tim,

I would suggest going to the Line Styles tab of the Configuration dialog and creating a new line type for each set of attributes that you want to group together. Then you can either use the Search->Search Vector Data menu command to find features with particular attribute values, or a better approach would be to write a script with an ASSIGN_TYPE command (renamed to EDIT_VECTOR in v12 with more functionality) to assign those types based on the attributes, then run the script.

Once the types are assigned, those type names will become the layer name when exporting new DXF or DWG files for use in AutoCAD.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Tim HoltTim Holt Global Mapper User Posts: 2
    edited September 2010
    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I'll have a crack at it. Time for me to learn scripting....
    Tim