Global Mapper Pro Coming Soon

Exporting polygons of a specific size...

RAPRAP Global Mapper UserPosts: 25Trusted User
edited September 2010 in Vector Data
Quick question...using Global Mapper, is there a way to take vectors I have and query only those shapes of a certain area? I have a dataset with many different sizes, and I'd like to separate them according to acreage; i.e., 20 acres and larger, 50 acres and larger, 75 acres and larger, etc.

I know I can click on the areas individually to see their measurements, but this dataseet has more than 10,000 areas, and I was wondering if there's a way to do it without having to click them individually.

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited September 2010
    Yes, if you select the areas with the Digitizer Tool, you can then right-click and select to add measure attributes to the selected areas. Then each area should have an ENCLOSED_AREA attribute that you can query with the vector search to find those with numeric areas above or below some value.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • RAPRAP Global Mapper User Posts: 25Trusted User
    edited September 2010
    I love this program!!!

Another question, but not essential: How do I change the measurements from one unit to another? My prog is currently set to measure square miles. I'm sure there's a way to do this, but it's not a big deal because I can do the math to convert sqmi to acres.

(Edit: Never mind; I figured it out easily. Best program ever made!)