Problem reprojecting rasters for mapinfo

GISGIS Global Mapper UserPosts: 3
edited August 2010 in Raster Data
Hi, I have a couple of ecw´s that I try to reproject from rt90 to sweref99. The rasters works good in ArcGis but doesn't show up in Mapinfo. Mapinfo doesn't recognize the projection, and when I try to open it in Mapinfo the program ask me for image registration. I have tried to generate worldfile, prj file and tab-file but the rasters doesn't work in Mapinfo, but in ArcGis no problem, they show up correct there.

Anyone know what the problem is?

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited August 2010
    I'm guessing that MapInfo doesn't recognize the SWEREF99 datum. Try using WGS84 for the datum instead (they are coincident) and see if that works better.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • GISGIS Global Mapper User Posts: 3
    edited August 2010
    Reprojection to other projection like wgs 1984 doesn't work either. I also regognized that the original ecw with rt90 projection don't show up in Mapinfo, I only get a blank white screen, no picture. But if I open the raster in Global mapper and export it like a screen capture with world file and prj file, it works great in Mapinfo in any projections. The problem seems to be in Mapinfo. Any suggestions why the original ecw on around 10mb don't work in Mapinfo, but show up correct in ArcGis and Global mapper
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited August 2010
    Have you provided the problem file to MapInfo to see if they can shed some light on why it won't load? It seems that if Global Mapper and ArcGIS can handle it, then the issue is with MapInfo.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • GISGIS Global Mapper User Posts: 3
    edited August 2010
    Yes the problem is inside Mapinfo, zoom level was wrong and any picture didn't show because of that, but when I remove zoom-level range an unprojected raster will display in Mapinfo, but with a projected raster I get the error: Found , while searching for ). Maby something wrong with my computer international settings. Thanks for quick response, I will ask Mapinfo support for further help.