Global Mapper v25.0

Lose elevation values after rotate/scale

DustyRobinson
DustyRobinson Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited August 2010 in Technical Support
I have a shapefile that contains lines with elevations. If I use the scale/rotate tool I can no longer export a file with elevations. Is this a bug, or am I missing something? I am trying to scale the attached file by 1.000264281 and rotate it by 0.285555556 degrees then export it as a shapefile.

cftctin_lines_cropped.zip

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited August 2010
    What version of Global Mapper are you using? The rotate/scale operation should maintain the Z values of the features being rotated/scaled. When you export a new Shapefile, make sure to check the option to create 3D features or else the Z values will be dropped.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • DustyRobinson
    DustyRobinson Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited August 2010
    I have Version 11.02

I do check the Generate 3D Features Using Loaded Elevation Data.

I am trying to scale, rotate, and shift the attached file. I kept getting a file with no elevations so I checked each step. If I just shift the lines and export, it still keeps the 3D features. When I use the scale/rotate tool and export I do not get 3D features.
  • global_mapper
    edited August 2010
    I just tried with your values and the Z values were maintained. I have attached my exported results. Perhaps if you get the latest build that will help things. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper11.zip with the latest changes for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v11.xx installation folder to give it a try. If you are using the 64-bit v11 version there is a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper11_64bit.zip .

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.comrotate_scale_test.zip
  • DustyRobinson
    DustyRobinson Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited August 2010
    Can you please add the ability to scale/rotate and shift data via GM script?
  • global_mapper
    edited August 2010
    I will add this to the todo list. It can likely be included for the upcoming v12 release.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • global_mapper
    edited August 2010
    FYI, I have just completed adding support for rotating, scaling, and offsetting features via the EDIT_VECTOR command in the scripting language for the upcoming v12 release. Let me know if you need this now and I can provide a pre-beta installer with this functionality.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com