View pixel values of tif image

psc_mscpsc_msc Global Mapper UserPosts: 2
edited July 2010 in Raster Data
I am new to Global Mapper, and am testing out the trial version. I have loaded a tif image into GM and want to be able to click on a pixel and see what its value is. I have not been able to do this. I have loaded the image, by mistake, as elevation data and then I can see what the pixel values are but GM then considers the values as meters, and of course they are not. This might be a simple task but I have yet found how to be able to click around my image and view the pixel values. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited July 2010
    You should be able to see the color value for individual pixels by moving the cursor over the TIFF image. These will be displayed in the status bar. If your TIFF is palette based, you can edit the Palette (including adding names) on the Palette tab of the Options dialog for the layer (accessible via the Control Center).

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • psc_mscpsc_msc Global Mapper User Posts: 2
    edited July 2010
    I can only see the RBG values of the pixels, but my tif has other values assigned to each pixel but I can not figure out how to display them in GM.
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited July 2010
    The TIFF format doesn't support supplying anything other than colors for the pixels, but if the colors are coming from a palette you can enter the names to use for each palette entry on the Palette tab of the Options dialog for the layer. You should then see the names as you move your cursor over the image in addition to the color values.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com