Custom lines style

iaoranaiaorana Global Mapper UserPosts: 133Trusted User
edited July 2010 in Vector Data
Hi Mike,

I went trough the forum but didn't fin an answer.
Is it possible to create new line style not by editing the one in GM but new style like 3 colors striped line or different comb or other style line?
Same with points to have different north etc
I know I can use any image but wanted more to get a vector symbol.
I went on the export style file with notepad but diddn't unerstand what was the meaning of the different attributes.

Thanks

Iaorana

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited July 2010
    There is not any way to create a new custom line style in Global Mapper.

For custom points, in addition to supplying an image, you can also supply a .gm_sym vector file to define a vector symbol. Here is the description from the User's Manual of the format of a .gm_sym file:

The Custom Symbols section allows you to add new point symbols that will be available for display from your own files. This includes support for transparent symbols from PNG, ICO, GIF, and 32-bit alpha BMP files, as well as symbols from JPG images. You can also add vector symbols from EMF, DXF and GM_SYM (Global Mapper Symbol) files. GM_SYM files are simply ASCII text files that the File->Open Generic ASCII Data File menu command could load, with 0,0 being the center of the symbol and the coordinates specified as pixels, with X increasing to the right and Y increasing to the top of the symbol. Vector symbols will scale much more cleanly than symbols based on images.

Here is a small sample GM_SYM file definition for the geology symbol "Dip, Bedding":

PEN_STYLE=SOLID
    PEN_COLOR=RGB(0,0,0)
    PEN_WIDTH=1
    0,-5

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • iaoranaiaorana Global Mapper User Posts: 133Trusted User
    edited July 2010
    Hi Mike,
    Sorry I was away.
    You might be able to create a new type of line I'would be interested in a double strike (line) with inside between lines that could be coloured.

Thanks

Iaorana
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited July 2010
    Would this be like the existing striped line type? Maybe you have a visual example?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com