Global Mapper v25.0

Best way to export a number of files within the same window.

riversauce
riversauce Global Mapper User
edited June 2010 in Technical Support
I have downloaded a number of different files and would like to export all of them but only within a window.

I am pretty sure that I could create a rectangle and export each of them separately within that window but I wondered if there was a different way.

I tried creating exporting a Global Mapper Package File which has all the info I would want within a window, but I need to extract the layers out for use in PLS CADD so I am back to exporting each individually.

Is there any way to extract these layers or batch clip all files before exporting the package file?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited June 2010
    I would suggest exporting the package file cropped to your desired bounds, then do a batch conversion from the package file to your desired output format. That should create a separate output file for each layer from the package file.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • riversauce
    riversauce Global Mapper User
    edited June 2010
    I did not see the batch convert for the global mapper package before. From what I can find there is no way to export all layers in their original formats (.shp, DEM, .dxf, tif) but I can run the batch converter twice...once to convert all raster attachments into a common format and once to handle all vector formats into a common format.

From your response I would assume there is no way to clip all files in a workspace to reduce file size and leave them in their original file locations with all data (lines, points, attributes) within the window retained inside those reduced size files.

Thanks again,
    Tim
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited June 2010
    Tim,

That is correct, there is not any way to clip files in a workspace to reduce file size and leave the original files. In many cases you can't export to a format just because you can import from it, so it wouldn't even be possible to write out the data to the original format in many cases.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com