Global Mapper v25.0

Image map

mcb9060
mcb9060 Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited April 2010 in Suggestion Box
Hi there, I was wondering if it would be possible to have a function for "image mapping" in GM, an HTML clickable map. Essentially it would be an image of the screen or a user defined window and an active polygon layer that is used to define the location of the pointer on the image in pixels. The export would be a html file and a jpg file. The polygon layer would have an attribute field that would be used for the HREF tag and also an attribute that can be used as a name that shows when the pointer is placed over the polygon area. An option of simplifying the points in the exported html file would be useful. Attached is a very simple image map as an example (...a picture is worth more than a thousand words....) made using ArcGIS and a script (http://arcscripts.esri.com/details.asp?dbid=13796)

Thanks

Mark

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited April 2010
    Mark,

That's something that I can add to the todo list for inclusion in a future release. You can already get close to that with a KML export with area features with the feature description setup as desired, but that of course only works in a few web APIs (like the Google Maps API or Google Earth).

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • mcb9060
    mcb9060 Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited April 2010
    Thanks Mike, that would be great, in the mean time I will look at the possibilities with the KML export.

Regards

Mark