Name Search Bulls Eye

DrewVicDrewVic Global Mapper UserPosts: 9
edited March 2008 in Suggestion Box
Mike,

A small suggestion for 2008.

For a simple Name Search Feature I use - Search by Name Command - Find by Name Dialog.

As Name Search Databases I use Points Shape Files converted from .xls, csv, Ozi .wpt files etc., which makes it easier to manipulate how GM displays the Search by Name / Description Sequence etc.

All name features are set up as ‘No Symbol’ to prevent a rash of symbols appearing on the screen whilst the particular map is active in GM.

Although a search will bring the particular name feature to the center position of the particular map, would it be possible to include the GM red and white Bulls Eye at the chosen search position?

Regards Andrew.

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited January 2008
    Andrew,

I have updated both the Search by Name and Search by Attributes/Label/Desc. options to show a bullseye on the map when you double-click on a search result. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper9.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v9.xx installation folder to give it a try.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • DrewVicDrewVic Global Mapper User Posts: 9
    edited January 2008
    Mike.

Thanks for your usual excellent response. The feature works great.

GM - Worlds best mapping software - Worlds best software support.

Regards Andrew.
  • wncblueridgewncblueridge Global Mapper User Posts: 14Trusted User
    edited March 2008
    The Bullseye is a a great feature, but how do I get rid of it after I locate the feature?

Thanks, John
    edited March 2008
    John,

I have a new build of Global Mapper that makes the bullseye go away when you close the search dialog. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper9.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v9.xx installation folder to give it a try.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
    edited March 2008
    John,

Sorry, I should have said in the new build that the bullseye goes away when you open the find by name dialog again. It stays on the map until that is done so that you can still see the feature.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com