export geotiff

energyenergy Global Mapper UserPosts: 384Trusted User
edited April 2010 in Technical Support
Hi

I'd like to create a borehole map on a geotiff raster

first , I opened a raster as geotiff format (it is my base map) , and then I opened borehole file as dbf format ( borehole's name is top of the point(dot)) and then I opened same dbf file for the other borehole's value( for exemple, borehole's base value is base of the same point), and then I exported geotiff (thick save vector data if display)

when I look it some borehole's name aren't display?

thanks

Comments

• energyenergy Global Mapper User Posts: 384Trusted User
    edited April 2010
    Hi

I'd like to create a borehole map on a geotiff raster

first , I opened a raster as geotiff format (it is my base map) , and then I opened borehole file as dbf format ( borehole's name is top of the point(dot)) and then I opened same dbf file for the other borehole's value( for exemple, borehole's base value is base of the same point), and then I exported geotiff (thick save vector data if display)

when I look it some borehole's name aren't display?

thanks
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited April 2010
    You might need to check the option on the Vector Display tab of the Configuration dialog to 'Always Display All Labels', otherwise labels that would overlap other labels won't be displayed.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
    edited April 2010
    I did you said mike but it gave the same result

might overlaying cause it ? I mean ,open dbf brehole files(point and name(top)) and then overlay ,open same dbf file (point and any value(bottom))

in spite they are in same dbf file also check the "always display all"

a few borehole's name arent display

thanks
    edited April 2010
    How large is the GeoTIFF that you are generating on export? I'm guessing that it is large, which causes the actual export to be split into smaller tiles that are then combined as a direct export of vector data to a very large raster is not possible. When this happens any labels that cross one of the sub-tile borders that are generated are not displayed as they would likely display differently in the separately rendered tiles.

What you might try is exporting just the borehole data at a larger sample spacing (i.e. lower resolution) and checking the option to make background pixels transparent, then close your loaded borehole layer and load in the raster basemap and the just exported lower res borehole GeoTIFF file. Assuming your sample spacing changed enough to get rid of the internal tiling, you should now have a complete borehole image as a raster over the basemap. You can then export those two raster-only layers to a full resolution GeoTIFF without having to worry about labels crossing tile boundaries.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
    edited April 2010
    ok mike ı am sorry my english is a bit poor, could you explain the last part in paragraph(in advence last mail)?

it is about 120mb, yes like you said if I export according to 1/25000 scale the some boreholes's name arent display but if I export according to 1/50000 or bigger all borehole's name display

thanks...
    edited April 2010
    If the boreholes display at a 1/50000 scale and not 1/25000 then the problem that I expected it happening. It's pretty hard to explain, but luckily the solution is easier. Just load only your boreholes (i.e. no basemap), then export just those at the lower scale and make sure to check the option to make the background transparent. Then, unload your borehole DBF file, then load your basemap and the raster GeoTIFF of boreholes that you just created, then export what you now have loaded at full scale.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
    edited April 2010
    ok, it works

thanks....