NooB Raster Export Question

WHM70WHM70 Global Mapper UserPosts: 8
edited April 2010 in Technical Support
Hi, I'm having trouble exporting a high-resolution image (jpg or tiff) of my contour layer only.

When I export with the shaded elevation layer visible I get a 12,000 x 9000 pixel image - perfect for what I need. But if I switch off the elevation layer, leaving only the contour layer visible, I get a much smaller image.

Any suggestions very welcome.

Many thanks,

W

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited April 2010
    W,

What sample spacing are you using for the export? By default the sample spacing will be the resolution of the most detailed loaded raster/elevation layer, but if only vector data is loaded a default is guessed out to get a decent size image. I would suggest using the same sample spacing as the original elevation data to get a good rasterized result.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • WHM70WHM70 Global Mapper User Posts: 8
    edited April 2010
    Thanks Mike. I believe the spacing is the same on both. I'm not in front of my machine at the moment. The spacing is .005 for x and y. I have tried to dial this down to .002 but then get an error.

Thanks,

W
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited April 2010
    W,

What is the error that you get at 0.002? I would first confirm that the spacing is indeed the same on both as that is what determines the resolution of the resulting image and the dimensions of the resulting file.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • WHM70WHM70 Global Mapper User Posts: 8
    edited April 2010
    Ah, they were different. Thanks for your help. I'm very pleased with the results!

W