incomplete contour data

cassandracassandra Global Mapper UserPosts: 4
edited April 2010 in Technical Support
i have incomplete contour data and i want to draw in the missing lines. i have an area that is missing but there is contours on one side and the other side. can i specify a slope or distance so that the line mimics the area where i have contours?

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited April 2010
    What you could do is generate an elevation grid from the contour data that you have, then use the File->Generate Contours menu command to generate a single contour at the desired height for the missing area. Then it should follow the path dictated by the original contours that you generated the elevation grid from.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • cassandracassandra Global Mapper User Posts: 4
    edited April 2010
    thank you for your quick reply. unfortunately the controur lines do not have the z component. they are labeled though. is there any way to manually assign a z component to each line?
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited April 2010
    Is the label of the lines the elevation? If so, if you just go to the Options dialog for the layer from the Control Center and set the line type to one of the contour types, then the label will automatically be treated as the elevation if no elevation attribute is found.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com