Global Mapper v25.0

Convert IMG to ASCII

Guillaume
Guillaume Global Mapper User
edited March 2010 in Technical Support
Hi,

I've got a roughness file at the formats .img and .rrd and I would like to export my map in ASCII format. Is there any way to make it with Global Mapper?

Thanks,
Guillaume

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited March 2010
    Guillaume,

Does your .img file contain elevation data? If so you should just be able to load it, then use the File->Export Raster and Elevation Data->Export Arc ASCII Grid or Export XYZ Grid menu commands to export the elevation data to new elevation format files.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Guillaume
    Guillaume Global Mapper User
    edited March 2010
    Mike,

Thanks for your quick answer. My file doesn't contain elevation data. I would like to convert the pixels into roughness value to build a xyz file where z is the roughness. Is it doable with Global Mapper or do I need another tool for that?

Best,
    Guillaume
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited March 2010
    Guillaume,

Unfortunately Global Mapper does not have any tools to calculate roughness values from just raw pixel data (or from any other data for that matter), so you would need to use another tool to perform this analysis.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Tekdan
    Tekdan Global Mapper User
    edited March 2010
    Hi,

An IMG and RRD image come from ArcGIS (ARCVIEW)? If so, and if you have ArcGIS, you can use the Conversion Tool - From raster? If not, i have the same response than Mike!!!

Dan