Global Mapper v25.0

No visible map after export and when using "Draw a box"

Recce
Recce Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited March 2010 in Bug Report
No visible map after export and when using "Draw a box" when using a "Map catalog"

Version: GM 11.02 latest EXE.

I uploaded some screen shots showing the problem on you FTP.

What more info is needed?

Regards

Thomas

Comments

• Recce
    Recce Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited March 2010
    My workaround is to move the map or change the zoom level. When Exporting an using Draw a box I resize the window.
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited March 2010
    What format are you exporting to when this happens?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Recce
    edited March 2010
    GEOTiff LZW compressed.

Source file uploaded to FTP.
  • global_mapper
    edited March 2010
    I haven't been able to reproduce your issue with the screen not redrawing, but I went ahead and just added a forced redraw after a raster export that will hopefully fix what you are seeing. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper11.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v11.xx installation folder to give it a try. If you are using the 64-bit version, there is a new build available at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper11_64bit.zip .

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Recce
    edited March 2010
    Sorry but no change. The map vanish the second I press the "GPS->Send Raster Maps to Garmin GPS Device" and it will still not draw when I press "Draw a box".

Update: The bug is only present when using the "GPS->Send Raster Maps to Garmin GPS Device".
  • global_mapper
    edited March 2010
    Ah, that explains why I couldn't see it. Is your data displaying at the proper lat/lon location prior to trying the export? I could explain what you are seeing if your data is not at valid lat/lon values as the Garmin GPS export is done in lat/lon and any data at invalid lat/lon values wouldn't display or export.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Recce
    edited March 2010
    All maps in UTM.

But the exported file works fine.

Why is lat/lon nedded to make garmin maps?
  • global_mapper
    edited March 2010
    All KMZ files are in lat/lon/WGS84, so anything that you have loaded is automatically converted to that on export.

I am completely unable to reproduce this with your data. I just load your file (which comes in with UTM), then use the GPS->Send Raster Maps to Garmin Unit menu command, then use the Draw Box option and all works fine for me the entire time. The map stays visible on both the background map and on the Draw Box dialog. What is the build date of the v11.02 build that you are using (this is on the Help->About dialog)?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • tjhb
    tjhb Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited March 2010
    Is the forced redraw after raster export going to stay in subsequent builds?

If it isn't necessary, and doesn't fix anything, it sounds more trouble than it's worth. (An unnecessary delay with a large dataset loaded.)
  • global_mapper
    edited March 2010
    Yeah, I removed that forced redraw already since it wasn't related to this issue.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Recce
    edited March 2010
    Build: 12 MAR 2010 12:02:04

I can reproduce the error when a map catalogue at 3 GB is loaded and zoomed to over approximately 57.022651.
  • global_mapper
    edited March 2010
    Very strange, I just tried with a large map catalog and didn't have any problems. Must be some kind of memory limitation or something. Are you using the 32-bit or 64-bit version?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Recce
    edited March 2010
    32 bit version. WinXP SP3 4 GB RAM. Memory limitation sounds likely.