Global Mapper v25.0

Path profile along line features

garrison2711
garrison2711 Global Mapper User
edited March 2010 in Suggestion Box
Dear all,
I am a very enthusiast user of yours Global Mapper, which I find one of the best commercial software ever bought.

I often work with DTM and the profile feature.

I would find very useful and quickly suitable to be able to export the profile output in several formats, even better if possibly choosing the vertical factor.
I know that someone already pointed this out, but now, considering the last evolution of GM since version 8 to the current 11.02, I think such a lack could be filled.

Sorry if I am disturbing and thank You very much for your great work.

Nicholas

:o

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited March 2010
    Nicholas,

You can already use the File menu on the path profile dialog to export your profile to several different formats.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • garrison2711
    edited March 2010
    Sorry to be dumb, but I absolutely can't.
    Or better I do not know how to do it in one only step.
    I usually save distance/elevation file and then convert such a text file in vector format importing in GM the text file and then exporting it to dxf, or even in other ways (when I need to have a precise vertical_factor)...

The only options in the file menu of the "path profile/line of sight" I have are relevant to BMP and text files in ascii format, such as xyz or de export files.

In particular the menu's items I can choose when generated a profile along a path are:

Save bitmap (BMP) Files...
    Save to BMP and display on main map view
    Save volume cut line XYZ File... (inactive if no cut line has been defined)
    Save distance/elevation Files...
    Save CSV File (w/ XYZ, Distance, and Slop values)...
    Save XYZ Files...
    Save LOS to kml File...

The main window is inactive while in profile view, and cannot access to different "FILE menu".

What am i wrong at?

Thank You for the attention.

Regards,

Nicholas
  • global_mapper
    edited March 2010
    Nicholas,

Those are the expected options. It sounds like you perhaps need direct export to DXF or something? For now you would need to save to a XYZ or distance/Z file from path profile dialog, then load that into a new instance of Global Mapper (you can use the Point Offset/Scale option when loading the ASCII file to scale the elevation as needed) and export to DXF or whatever other format that you need.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • garrison2711
    edited March 2010
    In fact I usually do like that and was just wondering that an direct export feature would be of great comfort.

Thanks,

Nic
  • global_mapper
    edited March 2010
    Nic,

I will add this to the todo list.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com