Global Mapper Pro Coming Soon

3D View: jumps and zooms unpredictably

kfroesekfroese Geotechnical EngineerPosts: 186Trusted User
edited February 2010 in Technical Support
I'm running GM11 on Win7 64bit but have also seen this behaviour on Win7 32bit and Windows XP machines in our office. My machine is using a high-end graphics card while the other two machines are tried are just using the onboard video cards.

When I first view a set of LiDAR in 3D View everything works as expected. I can rotate the view easily and zoom in precisely. The next time I click the image to change the rotation, the model drops down (both in terms of screen position and elevation relative the view). Thereafter, zooming with the mouse wheel is sluggish and never gets in as close as before and subsequent rotation seems limited in the directions it can go (not "up"). If I use the "Move" button, clicking to move drops the image further down and it won't shift.

Any insight?

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited February 2010
    There have recently been some improvements and fixes in the rotation behavior of the 3D view, so getting a new build might help you. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper11.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v11.xx installation folder to give it a try. If you are using the 64-bit v11 version there is a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper11_64bit.zip .

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • kfroesekfroese Geotechnical Engineer Posts: 186Trusted User
    edited February 2010
    That fixed it - thanks! I should apologize for not having downloaded the latest build first and trying that before posting. Good thing you are understanding!
  • AlpinfuchsAlpinfuchs Global Mapper User Posts: 25
    edited February 2010
    Hello Mike,

I had the same problem with 3D-viewer than kfroese. So I downloaded the new global mapper exe-file and changed the old against the new one. Now 3D-viewer is working properly, but now I cannot open ecw-files. Using to the old exe-file, ecw-files are loadable again, but then 3D-viewer jumps and zooms unpredictably as before. So I have to switch between two versions of GM, but I cannot use ecw-files and a proper working 3D-viewer at one time.

I am also running GM 11 on Win7 64 bit.

Please help and thank you so much.

Robert (Alpinfuchs)
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited February 2010
    Robert,

The ECW DLLs were recently updated but were missing from some recent 64-bit build files. If you download the latest 64-bit build from http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper11_64bit.zip it will have the additional DLLs that you need to fix ECW support.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • AlpinfuchsAlpinfuchs Global Mapper User Posts: 25
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, that was it! Thank you for good support.

Robert (Alpinfuchs)