Global Mapper Pro Coming Soon

GM stops writing header to .MP file mid-export

gpsmprgpsmpr Global Mapper UserPosts: 77Trusted User
edited February 2010 in Technical Support
I'm having a problem with GM while trying to export .MP files from a few different map catalogs for a state topo map.

I am exporting a .5x.5 arc degree grid of .mp files

The whole state takes about 3 hours to run and everything exports without an error message. Then when I look at the .mp files that were produced, the first half of them have the header written to the file and the others don't have a header.

This has same thing has happened on 2 or 3 different states that I have done and it is consuming a lot of extra time. I have to close GM, reopen the mapset, then go through and rerun each row of the grid one at a time to get the header to write to the mp file.

The headers stop writing to the mp files usually at E4, or F4, no matter which state it is

Any ideas?

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited February 2010
    What version and build date/time are you running? I seem to recall you (or someone) reporting this problem before, but I wasn't ever able to reproduce it. Is it possible for you to provide an entire state's worth of data so that I can try and reproduce the issue?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited February 2010
    Also, can you provide one of the MP files with the missing header so that I can see exactly what is missing? Also, what options are you using for the export (especially, are you using the template file option)?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com