CADRG to ASRP Export

ModalMartModalMart Global Mapper UserPosts: 3
edited February 2011 in Vector Data
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and I'm working on a defence contract which needs to convert CADRG maps to ASRP. I have GM functioning and it can nativley view both formats, however, it looks as if it cannot support the export to ASRP.

Has anyone had any experience of this conversion, or can someone help?

Regards

Martin

Comments

• andyederandyeder Global Mapper User Posts: 33Trusted User
    edited January 2010
    ModalMart wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and I'm working on a defence contract which needs to convert CADRG maps to ASRP. I have GM functioning and it can nativley view both formats, however, it looks as if it cannot support the export to ASRP.

Has anyone had any experience of this conversion, or can someone help?

Regards

Martin

Hi Martin,

I often find myself in the same situation but, sadly, GM does not export to (C)ADRG or ASRP - at least not in it's current guise.

Regards,
    Andy
  • ModalMartModalMart Global Mapper User Posts: 3
    edited January 2010
    Andy,

Thanks for the reply, but as you say 'you find yourself in that situation', can I ask what product you use to do the conversion.

So far I have only found one commandline driven ESRI module which can do it, but it's a bit unwieldly for some of our customers.

Regards

Martin
  • andyederandyeder Global Mapper User Posts: 33Trusted User
    edited January 2010
    Hi Martin,

To be honest, we ended up 'rolling our own' map data format and specification (complete with import/export workflow) to suit our needs. As this is a protected in-house product I cannot really say anything more that will help you. Sorry!

However, I spoke to another guy here who mentioned MapLink Pro. I've no idea what this package is like but it supports the import and export of CADRG and ASRP formats. I also believe this has been used successfully for data manipulation and conversion by another team.

Apologies for not being able to offer anything more supportive in way of a solution. Good luck!

Andy
  • ModalMartModalMart Global Mapper User Posts: 3
    edited January 2010
    Thanks Andy,

I will take a look at MapLink Pro, however, as yourselves I'm also looking at enhancing an in-house tool but it all takes time.

Martin
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited January 2010
    Martin,

One thing that may be of use in case anyone decides to support exporting to the ASRP format is to write the exporter as a Global Mapper export plugin (see http://globalmapper.com/developer/developer.htm#raster_export). Once someone did this, it could easily be included for everyone.

Given that multiple users seem interested in ASRP export, I'll also add it to the todo list.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Al_GeoAl_Geo Global Mapper User Posts: 1
    edited October 2010
    Mike, without wanting to pester you, I was just wondering if there was any progress with ASRP exporting direct from GM?

It's something I'm needing to do on an increasingly regular basis and if GM was able to do this it would no doubt save me/us a lot of time and effort!

Thanks very much,

Alan
    edited October 2010
    Alan,

It's still on the todo list, but we haven't started work on it yet. It's possible it could be in the v12.01 release though.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • odedzodedz Global Mapper User Posts: 3
    edited February 2011
    Alan,

It's still on the todo list, but we haven't started work on it yet. It's possible it could be in the v12.01 release though.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com

Hello Mike,

Did you succeeded adding the CADRG exporter to the v12.01 release?
    I have already got that version and didn't find that export option.
    Do you have any forecast if and when it will be available in GM?

Thanks,
    Oded
    edited February 2011
    Oded,

It didn't make the v12.01 release. Might still make the v12.02 release if I can finish the other stuff that I'm working on and have a chance to take a look at it.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com