Global Mapper v25.0

Steep Roads?

hairywater
hairywater Global Mapper User
edited January 2010 in Technical Support
If I have the appropriate data loaded, is the a way to query Global Mapper to show only road segments that have a grade greater than 4%, that are paved, and have a length greater than 500 meters?

I am using the relevant Geobase data.

thanks

hairywater

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited January 2010
    You could select all of your lines with the Digitizer Tool, then right-click to select to add measure attributes to the features. Then, use the Search->Search by Attributes command to find all of those with the desired length. If you have attributes for paved and the road grade you can then do another search within those results to continue to narrow it down to just the narrow paved roads.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • hairywater
    edited January 2010
    The Geobase road network data does not have elevation or grade data within its attribute set. Is the a way to combine elevation data in a query get the results I want.

Thanks

hairywater
  • global_mapper
    edited January 2010
    There is not currently a way to add average grade information to a selected line feature, although I may be able to add that without too much trouble. I'll take a look and let you know.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • hairywater
    edited January 2010
    Much obliged.

thanks

hairywater
  • global_mapper
    edited January 2010
    I have update the option to add elevation statistics to areas in the Digitizer Tool to now work for lines as well. So if you select your lines with the Digitizer Tool, then right-click and select the option to calculate and add elevation/slope statistics, you'll get MAX_SLOPE and AVG_SLOPE attributes added to the line features. You can then search on those attributes.

I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper11.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v11.xx installation folder to give it a try. If you are using the 64-bit version, there is a new build available at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper11_64bit.zip .

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com