Global Mapper Pro Coming Soon

problem with GMv11 out of memory

indooindoo Global Mapper UserPosts: 3
edited January 2010 in Technical Support
Hi ... I'd read thread where is a same question about GM v9 but how solve the problem in GM v11??! (i have files ~ 600mb) about 200 megs it opens..!! i need all 600mb to be opend)?? ....error message cpp-702 out of memory..

cheers

Indoo

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited January 2010
    Indoo,

What type of operation are you trying to do? If you are trying to grid a point data set on import and it fails, try instead pulling the data in as 'Point Only', then generate the elevation grid by right-clicking on the layer in the Control Center and selecting the option the generate an elevation grid. On the elevation grid dialog choose the option to export directly to a Global Mapper Grid and also use the Gridding tab to break the operation into smaller pieces, say a 2x2 grid of pieces. You can load the generated GMG files after the operation completes.

Of course if you have 64-bit Windows, you can just use the native 64-bit version of Global Mapper v11 and you should be able to load files of that size without doing anything special as more memory is available to you.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • indooindoo Global Mapper User Posts: 3
    edited January 2010
    I simly want load my own data files ... pieces of the one big map, it's load only half of pieces 250megs... :( and i cant make all map together. :(
    ...i don't have 64 bit windows! how can i do it - extend memory or .... ??

help

indoo
    edited January 2010
    indoo,

What format are your map files in?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • indooindoo Global Mapper User Posts: 3
    edited January 2010
    like photos... (.jpg) with (.map) files (each calibrated in WGS84 with OZI)
    I have a calibrated files 1:50000 (~50 files) all together i can get a full map ... i don"t want anymore open (n) files to ride my way!?!

thank"s for help

Indoo
    edited January 2010
    Indoo,

I would suggest batch converting your files to a format other than JPEG (like perhaps GeoTIFF, ECW, or JPEG2000) that can be read on demand from disk. The JPEG format requires that the data be uncompressed entirely at load time, which requires a lot more memory. Using one of those other formats should allow you to load a lot more data before running out of memory.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com