Global Mapper v25.0

Plotting and zooming

deepakin
deepakin Global Mapper User
edited January 2010 in SDK
Hai all..

am new to this tool. recently downloded the SDK of global mapper and started working on this. i need to clarify some doubts. am having my own map in tiff format and i loaded it perfectly. and i want to plot some marks or points in that map.

--like CSV can i use XML to plot the points in that tiff image map.??

-- when i zoom the map i cant get the scroll to map else can i get dragging the map by hand cursor.

:confused::confused::confused: pLease suggest me with some sample code

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited January 2010
    Are you using a particular XML-based format for your data? The SDK supports loading XML-based data in several schemas, like GPX. In the SDK you can of course also just load the data yourself and create a custom vector layer with GM_CreateCustomVectorLayer then add the features to that layer (use GM_AddPointToVectorLayer for points) as you load them.

I'm not sure I understand your second question. In the SDK all zooming and panning is done by varying the rectangle parameter to the GM_DrawLayerList function. The C++ sample application with the SDK shows how to simply zoom and pan, but doesn't implement a hand-grab panning interface, just a simple click to recenter interface. You can of course implement your own hand-grab pan interface rather easily.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • deepakin
    edited January 2010
    Are you using a particular XML-based format for your data? The SDK supports loading XML-based data in several schemas, like GPX. In the SDK you can of course also just load the data yourself and create a custom vector layer with GM_CreateCustomVectorLayer then add the features to that layer (use GM_AddPointToVectorLayer for points) as you load them.

I'm not sure I understand your second question. In the SDK all zooming and panning is done by varying the rectangle parameter to the GM_DrawLayerList function. The C++ sample application with the SDK shows how to simply zoom and pan, but doesn't implement a hand-grab panning interface, just a simple click to recenter interface. You can of course implement your own hand-grab pan interface rather easily.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
    i want to use pane up down, pane right left like in the c++ sample. But am trying to add the globalmapperinterface.dll in my C# application. i cant add as reference. i need that pane functionality in C#. for that which reference i have to use or what i want to do for getting pane funtionality in my c# application
  • global_mapper
    edited January 2010
    The Global Mapper SDK is not an ActiveX/COM control, so you can't add it as a component. It is a traditional DLL, like the kernel32.dll or something like that. There is a small C# sample application included with the SDK that demonstrates how to declare functions from the SDK and call them from C#. Use that sample to see how to use the SDK from C#, and refer to the C++ SDK for more in-depth examples of actually using the SDK.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • deepakin
    edited January 2010
    Hi mike

Sorry mike. i tried to call c++ function in my c# application. but i cant cal those functions. now my requirement is to implement pan up down left right in my C# application. can u please tel how to do this in C#. if possible provide me some sample code

Thanks
  • global_mapper
    edited January 2010
    I have attached an update to the C# sample application that now recenters the map on the clicked location whenever you click on the display. The new sample code shows how to modify the view bounds to adjust your display window.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com