Global Mapper v25.0

Edit Feature Vertex Elevation List

dcoggin
dcoggin Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited January 2010 in SDK
Mike,

I need to set feature elevations from sources other than the loaded elevation rasters. I don't see a way to edit line and area vertex elevation lists other than deleting and recreating the feature with the changes. Would it be possible to add support for editing the vertex elevation list?

Thanks for your great support.

David

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited January 2010
    David,

In the latest release you should be able to edit the existing 3D vertex list either by selecting the feature with the Feature Info tool, then pressing the Vertices button, or editing a single line or area feature with the Digitizer tool and pressing the Vertices button on the edit dialog.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • dcoggin
    dcoggin Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited January 2010
    Mike,

I was referring to a method in the SDK. I didn't see anything there short of deleting and creating a new feature.

David
  • global_mapper
    edited January 2010
    David,

Sorry, I didn't notice what group this post was in. You are correct that there is not currently another way to set the feature elevation list. I will add one in the next few days and get you a new build to try out.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • global_mapper
    edited January 2010
    I have completed adding new GM_SetAreaFeaturePointListEx and GM_SetLineFeaturePointListEx functions that add a parameter for providing a new elevation list for a feature. I have placed a new build of the SDK with these functions at http://www.globalmapper.com/GlobalMapperSDK_v133_beta.zip for you to try.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com