Global Mapper Pro

shape dbf attributes value

rbrrbr Global Mapper UserPosts: 29
edited November 2009 in Technical Support
Hi,

I opend a shp file and in is attribute table I found some strange value for some attributes; example: growt=6.80000e+000.

I opend the same file in another gis application and the value for the same attribute is: growt= 6.8, as expected.

Could you please help me?

Best regards

Comments

• Frank2Frank2 Super Moderator Posts: 105
    edited November 2009
    6.80000e+000 is just an alternative way to display 6.8. It's scientific notation (6.8x10^0).
  • rbrrbr Global Mapper User Posts: 29
    edited November 2009
    Like I said in my first post, I opened the file in three different Gis applications.
    In two of them the attribute growt value is 6.8 and they are cm. Global Mapper shows me this value in 6.80000e+000 . I know that it is a scientific notation but I would like to know why GM shows it in this way. Is it possible to modify the settings in order to have a more appropriate way of displaying the value?
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited November 2009
    Global Mapper shows the attribute values exactly as they are stored in the DBF file. So the DBF file with the attribute actually has '6.80000e+000' as the value for that attribute. Global Mapper does not reformat what the DBF file has, but other GIS applications are likely re-formatting for display.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • rbrrbr Global Mapper User Posts: 29
    edited November 2009
    Thanks,

Best regards