Global Mapper Pro

Printing Multi-page Maps

FelixTCFelixTC Global Mapper UserPosts: 4
edited November 2009 in Technical Support
OK, another newbie question here.
If I map 100 miles of hiking trails and want to print them to a scale which will involved printing 10 - 15 pages of maps....what is the best way to accomplish this?
When I draw a box to set "print bounds" it seems odd to me that the box is not constrained to the print area of the page.
-Felix

Comments

• kfroesekfroese Geotechnical Engineer Trusted User Posts: 186
    edited November 2009
    You might try exporting to a large PDF or TIFF image and then using a program such as http://posterazor.sourceforge.net/ to chop it up for printing on reasonable size paper. I haven't played with it much so can't vouch for how well this method would work with respect to image resolution or scale accuracy.
  • FelixTCFelixTC Global Mapper User Posts: 4
    edited November 2009
    Thanks for the suggestion, I will look into that. I am concerned about UTM grids (or the labeling of them) with that approach.
  • STHSTH Global Mapper User Trusted User Posts: 434
    edited November 2009
    Another option you can use is to divide the area first into the X number of pieces you want - and then export each of these as Single PDFs and just print them. When working with very large files with raster-data I have experienced some difficulties creating large PDFs. Just another tip. Good luck and let us know what works best in your case.