Dot symbol resize crash

kfroesekfroese Geotechnical EngineerPosts: 161Trusted User
edited November 2009 in Technical Support
I'm working with a relatively large file set with information coming from several sources (raster, lines, points, and areas). One of my layers contains depth of muskeg from some probing I did. Currently, I have them colour coded by greater or less than 1m. Less than 1m uses a dot - green and green text, greater than 1m used dot - red and red text. The dots aren't showing up on larger scale prints very well so I selected all of these points and attempted to modify just the size while leaving the symbol untouched (as i don't want to change the colour scheme, just the size). I changed the symbol scale to 2, clicked ok, and GM crashed. The first time Windows caught the crash and did it's most-useless error reporting and correction (it said it applied compatibility settings but I checked and don't think it did). The second time, I got an error window in GM stating: The parameter is incorrect. MayLayout.cpp - 874 Build time Oct 28 2009 14:55:28

I'm running 64-bit GM on 64-bit Win7 with 2Gb RAM.

Thought I'd report the error for your information. In the meantime, I'll go make my change for each symbol type separately.

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited November 2009
    Where exactly did you change the symbol scale? Also, did you have north arrow display setup for the map layout and if so which symbol did you choose? The error is coming from the north arrow display code failing to create a bitmap.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • kfroesekfroese Geotechnical Engineer Posts: 161Trusted User
    edited November 2009
    Attached screen shot shows the sequence of events. After changing the scale to 2 and clicking OK, down goes GM.

I'm not using a north arrow.
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited November 2009
    Ah, I was able to reproduce the issue when editing the scale on multiple different points and fix that (still not sure how the north arrow got involved though). I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper11.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v11.xx installation folder to give it a try. If you are using the 64-bit version, there is a new build available at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper11_64bit.zip .

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • kfroesekfroese Geotechnical Engineer Posts: 161Trusted User
    edited November 2009
    That did it. Thanks!