How I can create polygon area

energyenergy Global Mapper UserPosts: 384Trusted User
edited November 2009 in Technical Support
Hi
All...

We study coal area, coal area's reserves(volumetric) by polygon method

We make bore hole so much between 250m for feasible reserves

I create boreholes's polygon map (for exemple in corel draw) and then export jpeg ,I georeferenced it with GM(there is DEM under it) I measured polygon area also same time create new area feature for every one borehole (BH-001 etc.) any way There are Borehole's name, its xyz and enclosed area value

What I learn , How can I export above I said ( name,xyz,area value) as excell,wordpad,xyz file....

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited November 2009
    What I would suggest is selecting all of the areas with the Digitizer Tool, then right-clicking and selecting the 'Display Feature Measurements' option. This should display all of the measure information and attributes for the selected areas and allow you to copy the table to the clipboard for easy pasting into a text document.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • energyenergy Global Mapper User Posts: 384Trusted User
    edited November 2009
    Mike

ı dont understant clearly,do ı make "export to cvs"? I dont found you said above

ı mean ı create 500 polygons area for 500 boreholes

I'd like to get all values(name,xyz,area..)

I make clipboard same value and paste wordpad,excell..
    but it is so complex
    should it be like this?
    name x y z enclosed area
    BB-12 389... 44... 500 400000sq metter
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited November 2009
    Sorry, yes the 'Export to CSV' button on the feature measurement dialog would get you a CSV file with the area attributes, but it wouldn't have XYZ since there isn't just one for an area.

If you already have the point features for each borehole you can simply use the File->Export Vector->Export CSV menu command to export the point data to a CSV file. If you just have the areas, you can select those with the Digitizer Tool, then right-click and select the Advanced Feature Creation submenu command to create points from the selected areas. You can then export those points to a CSV file.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com