Gpx and attribute

rbrrbr Global Mapper UserPosts: 29
edited October 2009 in Technical Support
Hi,

I created in GM some points each one with an attribute called cmt.
Then I exported the points as GPX file. Using a text edititor I opend the GPX file but the cmt attribute is not visible. So manually, using the text editor, I added the cmt attribute. Then I opend the file with GM and the attribute is visible in GM. I exported again the file in GPX format and the cmt attribute again is not visible. The question is, how can I export a GPX file saving the attribute that I assign using GM? For my purpose I need both desc and cmt value.

Best regards,

rbr

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited October 2009
    I took a look and discovered that the GPX was only looking for a "COMMENT" attribute to create the <cmt> tag in GPX files and not also a "CMT" attribute. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper11.zip with this fixed for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v11.xx installation folder to give it a try. If you are using the 64-bit version, there is a new build available at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper11_64bit.zip .

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • rbrrbr Global Mapper User Posts: 29
    edited October 2009
    Thanks,

unfortunatly I have GM v10.02. Do you have any solution for this version?

Best regards,

rbr
    edited October 2009
    In v10 the work-around would be to edit all of your point features after loading them (just select them all, then right-click and select edit), the rename the CMT attribute to COMMENT. Then the fields should come through on export.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
    edited October 2009
    Thanks again.

I tried but it dont work.
    There is no comment or <cmt> in the gpx file opend with text editor. Only the <desc> and <symb> value. And of course the <wpt> value and<name>.

rbr
    edited October 2009
    I decided to just back-port the change to v10 so that you could use this without the edit step. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper10.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v10.xx installation folder to give it a try.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
    edited October 2009
    Yes,

Thanks a lot. It works now !!!

Have a great weekend!!!

rbr