Global Mapper v25.0

GM Feature Type to Garmin Build-in Feature Type

samson
samson Global Mapper User
edited October 2009 in Technical Support
Is there a table for the complete mapping list, I can't find it in the online or PDF manual?

While in the Search Vector Data window, is it possible to implement sort by Attribute/Item, for example, the list can sort by "Feature Type", CLASS or TYPE , etc.

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited October 2009
    There isn't a mapping listed on the web site anywhere, although I'm sure I generated one on the forum somewhere. I'll have to see if I can find it or re-generate it.

You can't currently sort in the Search Vector dialog, but that is a high priority item on our todo list to hopefully get done soon.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • samson
    samson Global Mapper User
    edited October 2009
    Thanks, the mapping list is very useful and required for those who want to export polish map format file, suggest to include it in the manual.

Also, can GM allow user define zoom levels for a particular imported attribute/item and allow to pick a particular attribute/item for label use?
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited October 2009
    I found the link to the list of built-in types and their Garmin types at http://globalmapperforum.com/forums/technical-support/2834-area-type-not-correct.html#post5292 .

If you check the User's Manual section on Polish MP export (http://globalmapper.com/helpv11/Help_MenuBarAndToolBar.html#file_menu_export_polish_mp) it specifies how to customize the zoom level used for features using a MP_BIT_LEVEL attribute. You can also change the default zoom level and type mappings of built-in types and your own custom types.

You can choose which attribute(s) to use for labeling by opening the Control Center, selecting a layer, pressing Options, then setting up the labeling.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com