Minor changes for better viewing of raster / vector data

STHSTH Global Mapper UserPosts: 434Trusted User
edited December 2009 in Suggestion Box
During our workflow we use GM to compare vector and rasterdata. Typically we want to search for attributtes - change the color of these and then cycle through all the results viewing one and one object. This works in GM, however to improve the workflow even more I suggest adding the following if possible:

1. Add a keyboard command to easily turn on/off vector layers. For instance pushing V will toggle vectors on/off. This makes it easy to zoom to a vector feature and then turn it on/off to see what is "behind it" in the raster-map.
2. Sorting in the "Search dialogue" - make it possible to sort by clicking the "header" of the search results (ascending / descending)
3. Jump back - from next search result by pressing a keyboard - for instance left goes to previous feature and right goes to next feature in the search dialogue.

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited October 2009
    I have added a new shortcut key 'V' to toggle vector layer display on and off. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper11.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v11.xx installation folder to give it a try. If you are using the 64-bit version, there is a new build available at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper11_64bit.zip .

I have a todo list item already to allow sorting in the vector search dialog. It is a bit harder but hopefully I'll get to it soon.

If you have your focus in the search results list you can already use the up and down arrow keys to go through the results.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • STHSTH Global Mapper User Posts: 434Trusted User
    edited October 2009
    Thanks alot!

I did know about the up/down key and that works good for now - no rush.
  • STHSTH Global Mapper User Posts: 434Trusted User
    edited December 2009
    It seems this feature is lost now? Pressing "v" does not hide/unhide vector layers anymore :(
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited December 2009
    The shortcut to toggle vector layers was changed to Ctrl+Shift+V. When I originally added it as just 'V' I forgot that key was already used to cause snapping to only vertices when digitizing.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com