Global Mapper v25.0

BigTiff (>4 GB files) support

STH
STH Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited September 2009 in Suggestion Box
I see that GlobalMapper correctly loads a 25 GB big BigTiff-file with overviews (I did not expect that!) - great! Photoshop CS4 can not even load this file.

BigTiff files should be called TIF-as usual - however the proprietary software we use calls them BTF. Loading these as GeoTIFF (DEM, GRD, ...) and they display correctly but you could add the BTF = BigTiff format.

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited September 2009
    I suppose I could add BigTiff to the name for the type on the file open dialog. I'm not sure where else I would add this?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • STH
    STH Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited September 2009
    Yes.

I was hoping Drag and Drop files to GlobalMapper would work after this small upgrade. Drag and Drop is so usefull and I really have difficulties working with other software after getting used to the luxury GM offers!
  • global_mapper
    edited September 2009
    You should be able to drag-and-drop files onto Global Mapper from Windows Explorer. Does that not work for you?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • STH
    STH Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited September 2009
    Yes it does, only not for BTF-files, GM always asks which type of file it is - and I select GeoTIFF (DEM, DRG etc..) - skipping that selection would be nice
  • global_mapper
    edited September 2009
    Ah, adding support for the .btf extension is easy enough. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper11.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v11.xx installation folder to give it a try. If you are using the 64-bit version, there is a new build available at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper11_64bit.zip .

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com