Global Mapper v25.0

Global Mapper Feature Suggestion Poll

2»

Comments

• PaulTocknell
    PaulTocknell Forum Administrator Unconfirmed
    edited December 2010
    Now that's a good question. Let me look into that. I'm at work right now, I'll get to this later tonight.
  • STH
    STH Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited December 2010
    Can this help? (Just the top result of a google-query) :)

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?57413-Reset-poll
  • PaulTocknell
    PaulTocknell Forum Administrator Unconfirmed
    edited December 2010
    YAY! I figured it out. That wasn't too painful. Vote away!

Mike, do you want to remove the watershed delineation since there is no place in voting for that anymore?
  • tjhb
    tjhb Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited December 2010
    Thanks Paul and Mike.

Can I add that it's not terribly obvious—though it is clearly stated—that this is a "multiple choice poll"?

For example, I've voted for 4 features. I think this is normal and expected. (I held myself back from voting for a fifth.)

Voting for all features would be less than useful, but at the other extreme there's no reason why anyone should for just one.
  • sjf_support
    sjf_support Global Mapper User
    edited May 2011
    In addition to multicore capabilities I would like to recommend adding hardware acceleration e.q. CUDA or GPU processing for selected tasks. GPU processing will increase productivity for selected tasks (processing grids, images, exporting geo tiffs, png, tms tiles, watershed deleanation etc).
  • mjmfgm
    mjmfgm Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited September 2011
    I would like to see Video GPU addin, meaning. Use the GPU processors from the video card ( i.e. Nvida cuda ) to export and convert data.
    Hope that helps.
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited September 2011
    That is already on our todo list, it would possibly come when generic multiprocessor support is added.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Hunter Geophysics
    Hunter Geophysics Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited December 2011
    The idea of being able to Create Area Features from Same Color Regions in Raster Layers is nothing short of brilliant!
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited May 2012
    We are beginning work on the spatial database support in Global Mapper and are soliciting user feedback on how users actually use the databases to see how to approach the implementation. If any of the posters on this thread want to provide more information on what capabilities they would like to see in Global Mapper in this regard we would be very interested. You could also likely become beta testers as the functionality is implemented.

Feel free to either respond here or send a message to gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com if you'd rather it not be public.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Guru
    gmsupport@bluemarblegeo.com
    http://www.globalmapper.com
  • energy
    energy Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited May 2012
    geostatistical options like voronoi diagram, graphically skills like pie chart , histogram...