Elevation legend missing

kartoone76kartoone76 Global Mapper UserPosts: 38Trusted User
edited May 2010 in Bug Report
I've got a strange problem where the elevation legend is not appearing on the map even though the distance scale is. The scenario for recreating the bug is to execute the global mapper script file in batch mode from an external program. If you take the exact same script file and run it from within global mapper, the elevation legend appears. But if you launch global mapper in batch mode from the command line, the elevation legend will not appear even though the distance scale does.

I've tried adjusting the map layout using the new Tools-Map Layout command, then exiting global mapper to make sure the settings are saved, rebooting the computer, etc... Again, the GMS (script) file works great when run from global mapper, but when run from the command line in batch mode, the elevation scale/legend is missing. I am using the 64 bit version of Global Mapper with a build date of Aug 12, 2009(20:06:31).

Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong or if this is a bug?

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited August 2009
    Can you post the script file you are using or email it to support@globalmapper.com so that I can take a look?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
    edited August 2009
    Thanks for the files. I was able to reproduce the problem and fix it. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper11.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v11.xx installation folder to give it a try.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • kartoone76kartoone76 Global Mapper User Posts: 38Trusted User
    edited May 2010
    Hi - I am running into a new manifestation of this problem in Global Mapper 11 - this time the problem is showing up when running a script file from batch mode with multiple consecutive EXPORT_RASTER commands. The first EXPORT_RASTER always produces a JPG with the elevation and distance scale -- but then the second EXPORT_RASTER produces a JPG without either scale. The next EXPORT_RASTER commands will be inconsistent on whether or not a scale shows up in the JPG. See the attached GMS for an example. I have verified that this is only a problem when running in batch mode from command line -- if you run the GMS from within global mapper, every EXPORT_RASTER command will generate elevation and distance scales.

If it helps any in the debugging process - the problem also appears to only happen if there is no loaded vector data because I did a huge batch of these and ALL the EXPORT_RASTER commands worked and produced elevation and distance scales when I also included vector data. But when there is no vector data loaded, and INC_VECTOR_DATA is set to yes, it appears to somehow mess up the generation of the elevation and distance scales.

I've attached a GMS script file in a zip file since .gms isn't one of the allowed extensions for attachments. Let me know if you need additional data or information to recreate the problem.
    edited May 2010
    Are you using the latest v11.02 release? Can you provide the input data file so that I can try and reproduce this?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
    edited May 2010
    Yes, but the arizona data file is 650MB, so I have included the Washington DC data file and script which also exhibits the problem. See attached zip which has both the GMG and GMS files. The problem only occurs when run from the command line in batch mode. Also, yes, I am using 11.02, build date Apr 21, 2010
    edited May 2010
    I was able to reproduce the problem and I think have it fixed. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper11.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v11.xx installation folder to give it a try. If you are using the 64-bit version, there is a new build available at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper11_64bit.zip .

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
    edited May 2010
    Thanks Mike - the new version works perfectly.
  • Hi all!

Working on GM 19.1. My elevation legend just suddenly disappeared. I checked the configuration panel but everything looks fine on that end... Really don't understand what happened. Any of you had the same issue ?

Thanks in advance!

Nicolas.