Global Mapper Pro

transparent for multiple colors

redbeard
redbeard Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited July 2009 in Raster Data
Is there a way to make multiple colors transparent? I'm overlaying the Openstreetmap tiles on top of a base layer, I just want to see the line features as they are rendered by open street map. I can get the main background transparent using rgb, but I wish to make the green parks, etc transparent.

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited July 2009
    If your basemap layer is a palette-based layer, you can select multiple colors to make transparent from the Options dialog for the layer (just use Ctrl+Select to select the colors to make transparent). If your basemap layer is not palette-based, the easiest thing to do is probably juts export your basemap layer to a palette-based file, like an 8-bit GeoTIFF, or perhaps make the basemap layer translucent in addition to transparent.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • redbeard
    redbeard Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited July 2009
    Actually I don't want the base layer transparent, just the openstreetmap tiles which is on top of the base layer. Hence I want the background colors of the Openstreetmap tiles transparent.
  • global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited July 2009
    For the built-in OpenStreetMap layers there isn't a way to make multiple colors transparent except to export a particular area to a new palette-based file and use that. Could you make the layer translucent or perhaps darker or lighter so that perhaps the vector data on top would be more visible?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com