Translate to other languages

STHSTH Global Mapper UserPosts: 434Trusted User
edited October 2009 in Suggestion Box
Not sure how your code is written in terms of possibilities to translate to other languages?

If possible perhaps you can use https://launchpad.net/ or something similar to get people to translate into other languages?

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited July 2009
    Actually we use Lingobit Localizer to allow Global Mapper paretners to create translations for Global Mapper. There are already Korean and Italian language versions of Global Mapper available on the Download Trial page, with French and Spanish also on the way.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • STHSTH Global Mapper User Posts: 434Trusted User
    edited July 2009
    Waiting in excitment for the Norwegian version. Just wanted to see if you needed any help in translating - if so I can help.
    edited July 2009
    If you want to contact me at support@globalmapper.com I can provide you with a package to translate. I can even have the translations automatically done with Google Translate, then you would just need to check them to make sure nothing screwy was done and check dialog layouts to make sure they are ok.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • jrejre Global Mapper User Posts: 14Trusted User
    edited October 2009
    Mike,

What's the news about french translation ?

I know some people that would prefer a such language pack.

If help is needed, you can say it, more we are...
    edited October 2009
    Our reseller in France is supposed to be nearly done with this. When they are done I will add the link to the trial download page at http://www.globalmapper.com.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com