Exporting RGBI geo tiffs

srinivas_9274srinivas_9274 Global Mapper UserPosts: 1
edited August 2009 in Raster Data
How to export RGBI geo tiffs in global mapper V11

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited July 2009
    Global Mapper does not currently support exporting multi-band (like RGBI) files, but this is something we plan to add prior to the official v11 release.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • STHSTH Global Mapper User Posts: 434Trusted User
    edited July 2009
    It would be nice to be able to load several RGB images (3channels) and several IR images (3channels) and on export choose channel 1-2-3 from RGB and 4 from the IR-images - "Merging" them together
    edited July 2009
    That will hopefully be there for the v11 release.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
    edited August 2009
    Is this implemented yet? It seems so based on the description on :
    Added support for exporting GeoTIFF files with 3 or more bands of data and 16 bits per band, thus allowing multi-spectral input files to be output without losing any information.

However when I try to load a GeoTIFF with 4 channels - where do I select which channels to use? I want to display channels 1,2 and 4 - however right-clicking on the file and options there are no suitable "select channels". Or is the import of 4 channels GeoTIFF not supported and only the export?
    edited August 2009
    Yes, the latest v11 beta includes export to multi-band GeoTIFF files and you even get to select the input source of each output band.

For display, you can setup which bands are used for which color channels by going to the Band Setup tab of the Options dialog for a loaded multi-band layer.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
    edited August 2009
    Thats what I seem to remember - perhaps there is something wrong with my RGB? Seeing the metadata-tab I see there are 4 bands - however perhaps they are not properly named or the 4th channel is taken as the opacity-layer? I have uploaded a sample file on the ftp

UPDATE: I have now exported all the 4 channels with another software and then loaded 3 of them into GlobalMapper exporting a 3 band GeoTIFF (with the IR-channel as the RED-channel) and this seems to work giving a good IR image. Why I can not select the bands within GlobalMapper I still do not know.
    edited August 2009
    The 4th band is marked as an unassociated alpha channel in your image, so Global Mapper is treating it as an alpha channel and not an extra data band. Whatever software is encoding the data should not be marking it as EXTRASAMPLE_ASSOCALPHA if it's not an alpha channel.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
    edited August 2009
    Hm, thats what I was afraid of. I`ll have to figure out either how to change the name of that channel for approx 1200 images or export each channel in one file and then merge them in GlobalMapper and then export all the 1200 files as ECW. Thanks for finding the error!