Global Mapper Pro

WGS84 datum for Belge 1972 or Dutch Grid

Qiao
Qiao Global Mapper UserTrusted User
edited July 2009 in Projection Questions
Hi Mike,

We are trying to use the “Batch Convert/Reproject” functionality in Global Mapper to change the datum while keeping the projection the same. In the Projection Dialog the WGS84 datum is not available when the Projection is Belge 1972 or Dutch Grid. However, in the documentation, we found a reference to both of these as being Built-in Datums, listed with the transformation parameters to convert them to WGS-84. We would like to know why these are Built-in Datums but the WGS84 projection is unavailable with the projections mentioned above.

A further problem is that when we try to load a Belge 1972 .prj file that is generated after changing the datum to a customer datum (using the same parameters as WGS84), the datum is not automatically set as it is listed as unavailable.

Thanks,

Qiao

Comments

• global_mapper
    global_mapper Administrator
    edited July 2009
    Qiao,

I have updated Global Mapper to allow WGS84 with those projections. I have placed a new build at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper10.zip with the change for you to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your existing v10.xx installation folder to give it a try.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • Qiao
    Qiao Global Mapper User Trusted User
    edited July 2009
    Hi Mike,

I had a quick try. It worked ok so far but will let you know if we have any problems in the future. Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Qiao