Request for selective exporting - by layer

lgalbraithlgalbraith Global Mapper UserPosts: 20
edited April 2009 in Suggestion Box
I would love to see an option in the overlay control center to be able to export a single layer at a time without having to change which layers are visible. You could make this available in the menu that pops up when you right-click on a layer in the overlay control center, as a button in the overlay control center, or even as an option in the "Export Bounds" tab (as a dropdown list of all layers).

Thanks!
Lindsay

Comments

• global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited April 2009
    Lindsay,

You can kind of do that by using the File->Batch Convert/Reproject menu command and adding all loaded files. Each one that you keep in the list would be converted and exported individually. Will that work?

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com
  • lgalbraithlgalbraith Global Mapper User Posts: 20
    edited April 2009
    Hi Mike,

I don't know how to do what you're describing. I'm not familiar with the Batch Convert/Reproject option. Can you tell me why/when you would use this (other than what we're talking about here)? I don't think it's any quicker than turning off the layers you don't want to export. Do you have to convert them in order to export them using your method?

Thanks,
    Lindsay
  • global_mapperglobal_mapper Administrator Posts: 17,238
    edited April 2009
    Lindsay,

The Batch Convert/Reproject option would be useful if you need to export multiple files one layer at a time, which I had assumed you needed to do quite often. It is also used (its primary use in fact) to convert a list of files from one format/projection to another. You don't even have to load the files first to use this mechanism as the batch conversion process will load and unload them for you.

You don't have to convert the files to a new format, you can do a batch conversion from the original format to the same export format.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike
    Global Mapper Support
    support@globalmapper.com